Thrive for Parents: Parent Coaching
- Do you want to feel more self assured when facing family and life challenges?
- Do you want to be more certain about which way to turn or what you “should” do?
- When your child is struggling, do you want more information as to how to help?
- Do you want more calmness and well being at home, less resistance and strife?
- Do you want to feel more sure of your parenting?
Thrive addresses common family challenges:
- Teen Issues
- Anxiety and Worries
- Learning Disorders
- School Refusal
WHAT IS THRIVE FOR PARENTS?
Thrive is a fresh approach to family help, equipping clients with a great capacity for change, renewal and vision.
I believe “What you pay attention to grows!” I do not focus on “changing” children or deep problem analysis. Instead, I centre inquiry on what is working and how to move forward. I will listen intently to your concerns, ask you questions to open up your understanding, share with you new ideas and a fresh perspective, and offer suggestions to help you implement new attitudes and strategies. This process is about self discovery and building relationships in the family; moving you toward the family you want to be!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Thrive concentrates on enhancing relationships rather than simply changing behaviours. Together we build on what is best in family relationships, and as parents take responsibility for emotions, life shifts and resolutions emerge. In other words, we create change through mindful self-discovery.
- Parent sessions are held in our offices in Burlington or Dundas, Ontario, or over the phone.
- Sessions are 45-50 minutes in length.
- Uniquely, following each session you will receive a full email summary of our discussion which will include information and support. This becomes a personalized “parenting” book just for you. Many of my clients refer back to their notes on a regular basis.
HOW DO WE BEGIN?
The process begins with a casual intake interview. The first meeting is a “get to know each other” session. In a relaxed and friendly manner, we discuss you, your family, and your children. Together we clarify a “focus for our inquiry.”
I work with individuals, children, teens, and parents, but often working with parent(s) alone brings profound change to the family system.
In the beginning, we generally meet weekly. As life begins to settle down we often move our sessions to every other week, and then monthly for continued support.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
The changes you will see are profound and enduring. There is nothing else I have done that has been as impactful in my parenting than working with Ellen. Emily, Seattle, WA
A friendly, positive, non-threatening approach to tackle family challenges run amuck. There is no blame, no sermons, just self-discovery opportunities. Sharron, Mom, 4 Kids
Parents and families working with Thrive experience an increase in positive emotion and enhanced positivity in relationships.